STRENGTHENING FAMILIES IS MY PASSION
Even the most loving of families have challenges at times. It is normal for stressful circumstances to take their toll every once in a while. As a family therapist, I find it an honor to strengthen and support families when help is needed. I help families grow in understanding of one another, develop more constructive communication and adopt better conflict resolution skills. Sometimes it is necessary for the entire family to attend sessions, and sometimes the work is done only with the parent(s), the child or teen. I have worked with children and teens of all ages, including as a school counselor at the elementary, middle school and high school level, and a teen counseling clinic. I am a Certified in Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT). I will meet with you to understand the challenges you're facing, and then make recommendations for the approach that appears most effective for meeting your needs.
IS YOUR child STRUGGLING?
As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, I am experienced in treating the following common problems:
- Family member struggling with mental health concerns such as anxiety, depression, ADHD, self-harm or suicidal ideation
- Transitions (birth of a new child, move to a new school or community, new work schedule for caregivers, etc.)
- Social skills/Peer interactions
- Discipline challenges (tantrums, whining, aggression, etc.)
- Grief following the death of a loved one
- The impact of separation and divorce (co-parenting, talking to the children about divorce, supporting the transition to a blended family, etc.)